Skip to main content

Couples Corner: the feeling called "Jealousy"


Rodliz’s Nest


this is the way I confront my hubby when I'm jealous...lol! just kidding...my bro took this shot and commented that the 2nd shot looks like I'm confronting my hubby and that I look like one jealous wife...LOL! (look at the way I cling to my hubby...afraid of losing him!?!)


Many people feel jealous from time to time. Jealousy is easy to deal with, once you understand what it's teaching you.

I've read somewhere that Jealousy is not the same thing as love. Sometimes, people think that by feeling jealous about someone, they are loving them. Jealousy is not love; it’s the fear and anger of losing love. Jealousy disappears when you are truly loving yourself and others for whatever experience you’re having.

In our case, most of our misunderstandings aren’t because of jealousy. Mostly, it’s just a matter of opinion – he likes it and I don’t like…not really that I’m totally disagreeing with him..it’s mostly pretending that I disagree with him so that we’ll have a “lively” discussion…lol! You see, my hubby is a kind of person who could make everything run smoothly especially in our relationship but I want some “challenges”…lol! For me, a relationship without misunderstandings and fights (should I say “made-up fights”…he..he…) will be boring sometimes and you couldn’t test the depth and breadth of the love of your spouse without those challenges. It’s also nice to have misunderstandings sometimes coz you couldn’t resist the charm of kiss and make-up that will happen afterwards…LOL! (I miss these topics guyz...*big grin*...)

I’m not a typical “jealous” person nor is he it’s because we trust each other and we believe that each of us is an apple of each others eyes…he..he…I even allowed him to attend a birthday party of his ex-girlfriend where he was invited. In our relationship before as boyfriend-girlfriend, I could “breath” and I do have my “space”. I am free to talk and mingle with my male co-workers without fear that my boyfriend will be mad. As a college instructor before, it can’t be avoided that your students will be attracted to you (if you’re attractive..lol!) and will send some love messages, I am not afraid to show them to my BF and informed him on what’s going on in the campus. On the other hand I would confess that before I wanted also to experience what it is to be jealous and I also wanted to see how would he react when he’s jealous…ha..ha…Well, this happens when I’m already here in Thailand and he’s in Philippines in year 2006.

It’s my first time to be acquainted with FRIENDSTER at that time and I received lots of messages from strangers (mostly from the west) . In their version, they've found my profile attractive and wanted to pursue friendship and blah..blah...blahh...Without much thinking, I replied to one of them with just a simple message thanking him for that sweet comment. My bad...it made my J so angry and furious with jealousy. Both of us has access to each of our friendster's account and he read that response! It's hard to reason out when you're just chatting online. It took few days before he calm down. I kept on cursing myself for being such an idiot at that time.

I also got jealous with him when I'm already far from him. I'm filled with doubts and "what ifs" especially when some friends texted me that they saw J with a girl. But I didn't judge him right away that he's already finding another girl. I didn't confront him about this during our online chats.He's the one who inform me that "this" day or "that" day he's with Ms. so-and-so because of "this" and "that" and I believe him because he has a valid reason and he didn't forget to inform me. I just keep my mind open for his reasons instead of letting the spirit of jealousy overrides me before I'll talk to him.

With my experience about "Jealousy", it only arises when you're threatened that you're losing the one that you love. I could be jealous when he spent more time with his orchids or with his Sudden Attack online game than spending time with me...he..he..

How about you? Share some of your "Jealousy" Moments at Couples' Corner.



Comments

  1. FS talaga, hehehe! Well, I don't blame him for getting jealous, ang asawa ko din ganyan, we know each others accounts, and password, so we have access to everything, ksi binabasa niya lahat ng nag me message sa akin.

    We shouldn't really have any reason to get jealous, but because we are human beings, jealousy is normal. NO matter how much we trust each other, we would still feel something, it's part of married life. You can never say that you don't get jealous, coz one way of the other, you will. Saka sarap kaya ng may jealousy, medyo mag disagreement ng konti, tapos kiss and make up di ba??

    I am so glad that you can join us this week.

    Recent blog:=- Couple’s Corner: JEALOUSY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yan na nga bang FS na yan hehehe, I think both men and women do get jealous because we don't want to lose our love ones. Pero after selosohan ganda naman ang kiss and make-up hehe!!

    Recent blog:=- Couple's Corner: Jealousy

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol mga petty jelousy lang. kahit na di tayo jealous type, may instance pa rin na magseselos tayo .DI ko rin ng alam kung kelan ba matatawag na selos or nagtatanong lang? Cant blame him syempre about sa FS.

    Recent blog:=- On her 14th month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your story; I learn from you here: jealousy is not love; it’s the fear and anger of losing love...
    Wish you have a happy marriage life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pareho pala tayo hubby always read my acct in FS,FB,YM & even blogs.I agree w/ you mare trust is important but sometimes we can't avoid it .
    Btw hehe pareho pala tayo ng nilagay about jealousy I just found it somewhere over here in network hehe.Love reading your story mare & yeah mare try ko later yung sa artscows medyo busy lang talaga hindi nga ako makapag blog hopping nahiya na nga ako sa inyo eh.And mare ang tagal na kitang ininvite sa FB hindi mo pa naapprove hehe.'m still waiting mare.Mwah!

    Recent blog:=- Food Trip Friday:Cheese De Fondue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's me, Hyzyd!

It's been awhile that mom isn't updating my page so I gonna take over to inform you all especially my grannies, uncles and aunts on how am I doing these days . I'm thinking of publishing a photo each day and just a little description of what it's all about. Hope you all like it though. I'm open for your suggestions guyz. So long for now coz mommy's gonna use the CP. it's me,

advantages of using ergo baby carriers

I really find it very convenient to have a baby carrier . I could get things done around the house. I could do my rounds on shopping. We could eat in a restaurant without any hassles. I like Hyzyd to be held all the time while I'm at home on weekends and at the same time doing some minimal household chores. I read from the Baby Book of William and Martha Shears that using a baby carrier reduces crying and colic. A 1986 study of 99 mother-infant pairs (reported in Pediatrics) showed that carrying babies at least three hours a day reduces crying and fussing 43% during the day and 51% at night. Babies are happier because they have less need to cry, and parents enjoy their babies more as a result. This simply explains why Hyzyd is a happy baby. I don't have a problem with him. Carrying my baby promotes bonding and enhances my feelings of competence as a parent. A higher frequency of feeding and touching stimulates mothering hormones, and frequent carrying encourages and speeds the

First aid for bump/bruises

Today's topic at Mommy Moments is to share some of our first-aid techniques. Here's the up-to-date guide in aiding bumps/bruises: Before, I think that I need to apply ice on a bruise until it heals. Now, I learned that Ice or a cold compress is useful in the first 24 hours, then switch to warm compresses Why? A bruise is a broken blood vessel under the skin, and applying ice to the area early on will help stop the internal bleeding and inflammation. A day after the injury, put warm compresses or a hot water bottle on the bruise to increase blood flow to the area, which will help break up the blood clot. A heating pad on a low setting will also work -- just be sure to place a cloth or towel between it and your child´s skin. (None of this will produce magical healing, though: You´ll probably see a kaleidoscope of colors for about 10 days.) an entry for: