Skip to main content

on getting rid of stretch marks


Do you have issues with stretch marks? This is one of the new challenges I met being a new mother after giving birth. After a year, stretch marks are still visible on my tummy and thighs and I don't know how to remove them. How I wish removing them is as easy as erasing marks on a paper...*sigh*....

What are stretch marks by the way?

Pregnancy entails different bodily changes. As the baby grows, so does your belly. The skin over your expanding tummy stretches to accommodate your larger body. Although the skin is fairly flexible and elastic, there are instances that it is overstretched resulting to collagen and elastin (both are proteins that make up the skin tissue) disruption resulting to skin being damaged and torn.

Consequently, stretch marks occur. Another cause of stretch marks is hormonal changes that accompany during periods of growth. Pregnancy is one such period. Production of glucocorticoid hormones from the adrenal glands increases while pregnant.

Fibroblasts, the cells that secrete collagen and elastin are essential in our skin. Unfortunately, glucocorticoids inhibit the production of fibroblasts. With lesser collagen and elastin available, the skin is weaker and unable to cope with excessive pulling and stretching, thus, stretch marks develop. Stretch marks are often seen in areas where you gained the most weight such as your tummy, hips, arms, and thighs.

So what are the possible treatments for stretch marks? Here's what I found:

1. Do nothing to treat the stretch marks but do lose the weight. There are pregnant women whose stretch marks faded after losing the baby weight like my friend. After a year, no visible stretch marks are found on her tummy and she could even wear two-piece swimsuit with confidence! I envy her...he..he.... Unfortunately, I'm not as lucky as her.

2. Sono Bello’s Laser Assisted Liposuction and Body Contouring technology permanently removes fat cells to enhance and shape most areas of your body-tummy, thighs, chin, back, hips. Sono Bello’s highly-trained, board certified physicians offer procedures that tighten loose skin, reduce cellulite and diminish stretch marks to give you the body you’ve always wanted. How I wish I could avail this kind of Laser Assisted Body Contouring procedures and permanently reshape my body in just one session! I would be able to fit my jeans properly again (imagine your butt with that cute little lift) and that feeling like a supermodel again...LOL!


3. Increase intake of food high in vitamins A, C, and E that are all essential in collagen and elastin production.

4. Drink lots of water to rehydrate and moisten your skin.

5. Essential fatty oils such as squalene oil in fish also result glowing skin.

6. Exfoliate to promote circulation of blood in area marred with stretch marks. The more blood flowing in the area, the more likely proper healing will take place lessening the scar formation.

7. Stretch Mark Products – Lotions, creams and body oils. Reported effective topical preparations in treating stretch marks include retinoids and alpha hydroxy acids. While pregnant, one can apply a cream made of Centella asiatica extract, vitamin E, and collagen-elastin hydrolysates to supposedly effectively minimize stretch marks. Natural body oils like jojoba and wheatgerm oils not only soothe the skin but the massaging action promotes blood circulation to affected areas.



Comments

  1. Your friend is blessed indeed :) Loosing weight is my challenge this year nyahahhaa...

    btw, please communicate with Mel of My Journey to Life for your 1000 EC pledge on my Thanksgiving contest.

    Blessings to you and to your family.

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!!!so happy to hear that sis..im tryin..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's me, Hyzyd!

It's been awhile that mom isn't updating my page so I gonna take over to inform you all especially my grannies, uncles and aunts on how am I doing these days . I'm thinking of publishing a photo each day and just a little description of what it's all about. Hope you all like it though. I'm open for your suggestions guyz. So long for now coz mommy's gonna use the CP. it's me,

advantages of using ergo baby carriers

I really find it very convenient to have a baby carrier . I could get things done around the house. I could do my rounds on shopping. We could eat in a restaurant without any hassles. I like Hyzyd to be held all the time while I'm at home on weekends and at the same time doing some minimal household chores. I read from the Baby Book of William and Martha Shears that using a baby carrier reduces crying and colic. A 1986 study of 99 mother-infant pairs (reported in Pediatrics) showed that carrying babies at least three hours a day reduces crying and fussing 43% during the day and 51% at night. Babies are happier because they have less need to cry, and parents enjoy their babies more as a result. This simply explains why Hyzyd is a happy baby. I don't have a problem with him. Carrying my baby promotes bonding and enhances my feelings of competence as a parent. A higher frequency of feeding and touching stimulates mothering hormones, and frequent carrying encourages and speeds the

Hyzd at songhkla aquarium

pics muna mamaya na story ko...