Skip to main content

Benefits of singing for baby

There is a wide amount of research suggesting that music has a lot of other benefits in the brain, as Kidshealth.org, one of the most well known parenting websites says:

“Children who grow up hearing music, singing songs, and moving to the beat are enjoying what experts call "a rich sensory environment." That's just a fancy way of saying a child is exposed to a wide variety of tastes, smells, textures, colors, and sounds. And kids who enjoy such a rich environment do more than have fun. Researchers believe they forge more pathways between the cells in their brains.”

The music also does not have to be complex, and you do not have to be a good singer! Your child will love you singing to them, even if you feel you are completely tone deaf.

So start singing, you don’t have to do anything complex! You can sing any old nursery rhymes or songs, and you can even make up your own songs, to match what you are doing at the time.

For me, when I put Hyzyd to bed when he's still a month old, his favorite is "Here I am to Worship". No matter how cranky he is, he calmed down when I sing it for him.

These days he loves singing and dancing with me everytime I sing nursery songs like "two little eyes", "head, shoulders, knees and toes", "Wind the Bobbin Up" and many more!


an entry for :
mommy moments




Her and History

Comments

  1. I agree! Exposure to songs does a lot to their holistic development :) Great for emotional bonding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is true kids love their mom sing...Happy mommy moments...Mine is up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the trivia :) its nice to know that aside from bonding, there is a scientific explanation behind it..

    it is a joy to sing to our kids, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's me, Hyzyd!

It's been awhile that mom isn't updating my page so I gonna take over to inform you all especially my grannies, uncles and aunts on how am I doing these days . I'm thinking of publishing a photo each day and just a little description of what it's all about. Hope you all like it though. I'm open for your suggestions guyz. So long for now coz mommy's gonna use the CP. it's me,

advantages of using ergo baby carriers

I really find it very convenient to have a baby carrier . I could get things done around the house. I could do my rounds on shopping. We could eat in a restaurant without any hassles. I like Hyzyd to be held all the time while I'm at home on weekends and at the same time doing some minimal household chores. I read from the Baby Book of William and Martha Shears that using a baby carrier reduces crying and colic. A 1986 study of 99 mother-infant pairs (reported in Pediatrics) showed that carrying babies at least three hours a day reduces crying and fussing 43% during the day and 51% at night. Babies are happier because they have less need to cry, and parents enjoy their babies more as a result. This simply explains why Hyzyd is a happy baby. I don't have a problem with him. Carrying my baby promotes bonding and enhances my feelings of competence as a parent. A higher frequency of feeding and touching stimulates mothering hormones, and frequent carrying encourages and speeds the

Hyzd at songhkla aquarium

pics muna mamaya na story ko...