Skip to main content

Hyzyd with Heat Rash


Yesterday as we pick up Hyzyd, Grandma is asking us if we saw the red bumps on his neck, chest, stomach and at the back. I said "No, I haven't." I'm kinda worried about it and talked to my hubby that we're going to his pediatrician. He told me we'll first observe. Grandma gave us Caladramine Lotion to rub on the affected area. She told us it is caused by the change of weather. This week is very hot and I noticed that Hyzyd is sweating profusely even early morning. Thanks be to God that the red bumps subsided this morning and only few were left on his arms and legs. I'm searching today about common skin allergy of babies. I came across about heat rash. I posted here for the information of other mommy's on what can we do about it. Thanks to babycenter.com for the information.


What is heat rash?
Heat rash, also known as "prickly heat" or "summer rash," is an eruption of little bumps (and sometimes tiny blisters) on the skin that can show up when your baby overheats. The bumps may appear red, especially on light skin. Children of all ages can get heat rash, but it's most common in babies.If your baby has heat rash, you'll most likely see it in the folds of his skin and on parts of his body where his clothing fits snugly, including his chest, stomach, neck, crotch, and buttocks. If he wears hats, the rash may spread across his scalp or forehead.


What causes heat rash?
Your baby sweats to cool down. If he sweats so much that his pores clog and sweat can't get out, heat rash develops. (Babies and young children are particularly prone to heat rash because they have smaller pores than adults do.)Hot, humid weather is prime time for heat rash, but you might see it in winter, too, if your baby is wearing too many layers of clothing or is running a fever. Sometimes a baby will get heat rash after a cough ointment is rubbed on his chest.


Is heat rash serious?
No, but it's a sign that your baby is too warm. Overheating can lead to serious conditions such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke. And some studies suggest that a baby's being too warm during sleep can contribute to SIDS.


Is heat rash painful for my baby?
No, it isn't usually painful, but it can be itchy. Some of the bumps may be tender to the touch.

How should I treat heat rash?
Start by cooling your baby off. Loosen or remove his clothing, and move him into an airy room or a shady spot.You might place him on a cotton towel, which can help absorb his sweat. Apply cool, wet washcloths to the areas affected by the rash. A lukewarm bath with a little baking soda — 2 teaspoons per gallon — can also help.Let him air dry rather than rubbing him with a towel. And don't use ointments or creams on the rash. These can make the rash worse by trapping moisture.If it's hot at night, use an air conditioner or a fan in your baby's room. Direct the fan near your baby but not directly on him. Or place it far enough away so that only a gentle breeze reaches him. You want your baby to be comfortable, not chilled.


Trim your baby's fingernails regularly so he doesn't scratch himself if the rash starts itching. You may want to put little socks on his hands at night so he won't scratch himself while he sleeps.


How can I prevent heat rash?
Keep your baby comfortably cool by dressing him in loose-fitting, lightweight clothing, especially in warm, humid weather. Natural fabrics such as cotton are absorbent and will allow him to sweat more efficiently than synthetics. Avoid plastic pants and plastic diaper liners.A light dusting of cornstarch may help prevent heat rash in your baby's creases, but avoid using talcum powder, which is dangerous for your baby to breathe.When holding your baby, try not to wear abrasive fabrics, like wool, that might irritate his skin.On a scorching day, keep your baby inside or look for cool, shady, or breezy places to sit and play outside. Make sure he's well hydrated by breastfeeding or formula-feeding often.Check your child regularly to see if he's overheating. If you aren't sure, touch his skin. If it's damp and hot, he's too warm.


Should I take my baby to the doctor for heat rash?
It's a good idea to check with your doctor to make sure that your baby's skin condition is heat rash. Definitely see your practitioner if the rash doesn't go away after a few days, it appears to be getting worse, or your baby is running a fever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's me, Hyzyd!

It's been awhile that mom isn't updating my page so I gonna take over to inform you all especially my grannies, uncles and aunts on how am I doing these days . I'm thinking of publishing a photo each day and just a little description of what it's all about. Hope you all like it though. I'm open for your suggestions guyz. So long for now coz mommy's gonna use the CP. it's me,

advantages of using ergo baby carriers

I really find it very convenient to have a baby carrier . I could get things done around the house. I could do my rounds on shopping. We could eat in a restaurant without any hassles. I like Hyzyd to be held all the time while I'm at home on weekends and at the same time doing some minimal household chores. I read from the Baby Book of William and Martha Shears that using a baby carrier reduces crying and colic. A 1986 study of 99 mother-infant pairs (reported in Pediatrics) showed that carrying babies at least three hours a day reduces crying and fussing 43% during the day and 51% at night. Babies are happier because they have less need to cry, and parents enjoy their babies more as a result. This simply explains why Hyzyd is a happy baby. I don't have a problem with him. Carrying my baby promotes bonding and enhances my feelings of competence as a parent. A higher frequency of feeding and touching stimulates mothering hormones, and frequent carrying encourages and speeds the

Hyzd at songhkla aquarium

pics muna mamaya na story ko...