Skip to main content

Our Baby at 3 months!

Each baby is unique and meets social milestones at his own pace. As for our baby Hyzyd , here are some of the the potential he's able to accomplish as three months-old baby.


During this month, he already able to lift his head while on his back and hold it for several minutes. When we let him sit on his carrier he's be able to hold his head steady and erect. When he's on his stomach, we're amazed to see him lifting his head and chest as if he was doing mini-pushups!


As his hips and knee joints become more flexible, his kicks are getting stronger. If we hold him up with his feet on the floor he would push down on his legs now. He does it too everytime his dad bathe him. He can bring both hands together and started sucking it...sometimes sucking it too much that we'll remove his finger from his mouth that cause him to cry out loud. LOL! I usually encourage his hand development by holding out a toy to see if he'll grasp it. He grasp it but not yet too tight except when grasping my hair!

His sleep patterns start to settle down. He sleeps through the night even without swaddling him, though he sometimes wake up at 4:00 am for the occasional feeds (usually, I give him water for he's sweating and thirsty).


I love his smiles. My Thai friend even commented that he really loves to visit my baby because she always misses his wide, sweet smile. Most likely he smiles at strangers, especially when they look him straight in the eye and coo or talk to him. But I noticed that he's beginning to sort out who's who in his life and definitely prefers some people to others.


The parietal lobe, the part of the brain that governs hand-eye coordination and allows a person to recognise objects, is developing rapidly now. And the temporal lobe, which assists with hearing, language, and smell, has also become more receptive and active. So when he hears my voice and his dad's voice, he look directly on us and start gurgling, giggling or trying to talk back.

I continue reading to him. I believe that no matter how small he is, it will pay off in the future. It helps him develop an ear for the cadence of language -- in fact, I vary the pitch of my voice, using accents, singing, and vocalising. It makes the aural connection between me and my baby much more stimulating.


There are also plenty of good books to read to your baby. Choose board books with large, bright pictures and simple text -- or even wordless books with pictures for you to narrate. I started eyeing some good books that are both fun and interactive to help my baby discover the world of words at such an early age.

By now, he responds to his face in the mirror by smiling (our room has a big-attached-to-wall mirror). I noticed that he loves looking at himself...he...he..he..and when I talked to him or his dad is calling him, he stop sucking his fingers not thumb:) or bottle to listen to our voices. I try to connect to my baby through cooing or making noises at him, and by describing even the most mundane household chore. Our baby is becoming more animated and engaging -- flashing smiles, oohing and cooing even with others. The fun has really begun. When I'm with friends or visitors are coming in our house, we keep him nearby so he can hear the richness of human interaction.

We really thank you Lord for this precious gift.

Comments

  1. ay ang cute ng baby nyo...pwed pa kiss?tnx for following my blog...il do d same here...God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's me, Hyzyd!

It's been awhile that mom isn't updating my page so I gonna take over to inform you all especially my grannies, uncles and aunts on how am I doing these days . I'm thinking of publishing a photo each day and just a little description of what it's all about. Hope you all like it though. I'm open for your suggestions guyz. So long for now coz mommy's gonna use the CP. it's me,

advantages of using ergo baby carriers

I really find it very convenient to have a baby carrier . I could get things done around the house. I could do my rounds on shopping. We could eat in a restaurant without any hassles. I like Hyzyd to be held all the time while I'm at home on weekends and at the same time doing some minimal household chores. I read from the Baby Book of William and Martha Shears that using a baby carrier reduces crying and colic. A 1986 study of 99 mother-infant pairs (reported in Pediatrics) showed that carrying babies at least three hours a day reduces crying and fussing 43% during the day and 51% at night. Babies are happier because they have less need to cry, and parents enjoy their babies more as a result. This simply explains why Hyzyd is a happy baby. I don't have a problem with him. Carrying my baby promotes bonding and enhances my feelings of competence as a parent. A higher frequency of feeding and touching stimulates mothering hormones, and frequent carrying encourages and speeds the

Hyzd at songhkla aquarium

pics muna mamaya na story ko...