Skip to main content

Quick recharge for busy moms

How I wish I could spend my weekend on a spa...I just need some space...a breather... It would be lovely...but realistically this is not going to happen right now. I read some easy ideas for a quick recharge for a busy mom like me. I wanna share some with you:

* Take it outside. I see to it that after work, I head out for a walk with my baby in tow. On Saturdays, I walk in the morning with my baby doing my gratitude walk. It makes my day much lighter and more empowered Fresh air and sunshine have a way of making everything seem a little less intense, too.

* Stretch and breathe. It has been said that a couple of full-body stretches and deep-breathing exercises will get your blood flowing, reduce muscle tension, and kick-start the release of feel-good hormones in the brain. I try doing it after waking up and before heading to my work.

* Write it down. I always keep a notebook to write everything. I wrote down my prayers, my discouragements, my questions, my thanksgiving and anything to express my thoughts and feeling to help relieve pent-up frustrations and to count blessings. I just let the words flow and I wrote it with total honesty and I present it to God and it makes me feel refreshed and relieved!

* Put on some tunes. I go with Praise and worship songs. I do let myself get carried away (at least for a few minutes) by the beat, the lyrics, the melody. I usually sing along or dance with it. It reinvigorate my mood.

* Yuk it up. When I feel down, I'll invite my husband to watch a funny movie like Pink Panther and Home Alone or invite him to play and just giggle with our baby. This simple acts make me smile and do wonders on my mood. Try it and you'll see.

* Meditate. Usually, after the baby falls asleep, I'll go to our other room with my Bible. I read a chapter and meditate upon God's word. I could release my tension to Him through oraying and I'll cry if I need to. I pour out everything to God and I feel like a brand new person once again from the inside and out.

Hope this sharing will benefit us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's me, Hyzyd!

It's been awhile that mom isn't updating my page so I gonna take over to inform you all especially my grannies, uncles and aunts on how am I doing these days . I'm thinking of publishing a photo each day and just a little description of what it's all about. Hope you all like it though. I'm open for your suggestions guyz. So long for now coz mommy's gonna use the CP. it's me,

Hyzd at songhkla aquarium

pics muna mamaya na story ko...

advantages of using ergo baby carriers

I really find it very convenient to have a baby carrier . I could get things done around the house. I could do my rounds on shopping. We could eat in a restaurant without any hassles. I like Hyzyd to be held all the time while I'm at home on weekends and at the same time doing some minimal household chores. I read from the Baby Book of William and Martha Shears that using a baby carrier reduces crying and colic. A 1986 study of 99 mother-infant pairs (reported in Pediatrics) showed that carrying babies at least three hours a day reduces crying and fussing 43% during the day and 51% at night. Babies are happier because they have less need to cry, and parents enjoy their babies more as a result. This simply explains why Hyzyd is a happy baby. I don't have a problem with him. Carrying my baby promotes bonding and enhances my feelings of competence as a parent. A higher frequency of feeding and touching stimulates mothering hormones, and frequent carrying encourages and speeds the